Sunday 2 August 2009

5 reasons why you shouldn't purge today.

So, you feel you've eaten too much, or maybe you have eaten to much, and often in this situation it's very tempting to purge, especially if you feel particularly bad about yourself, but here are 5 quick reasons not to, and if I can get through to just one person I will feel satisfied.
  1. The damage done by over-eating can be fixed by exercising and cutting your calorie intake for a few days, but the damage done by purging can last a lifetime - even years after your recover from an eating disorder your teeth may be yellow, you could suffer from cancers of the gullet, mouth and throat and your gag reflex may not return to it's original state.
  2. You will still've absorbed some of the calories. Your body begins to absorb calories from the minute food and drink enters your body, so it's impossible to get them all out.
  3. Think about whether you'll really feel better. I know purging just depresses me further. The guilt I experience whilst binging is replaced by the guilt of knowing I'm damaging my body.
  4. If you don't do it just this time then that will make it easier to stop next time and it could help break the cycle.
  5. Just think, this could be the time that it goes very wrong. You can die from bulimia, cardiac arrest caused by electrolyte imbalances or low potassium levels is one of the more common causes and it could happen to you. Do you really want to die because of this disease?

Stay safe darlings.

Happy reading :)

7 comments:

Beka said...

hey this is a great site u have here, im suprised u dont have more hits. im a member of the website prettythin.com and they closed it down last night. i looked it up on google and stumbled across ur blog. keep up the good work! :)

Veronica said...

thank you!! I found this when I googled around, after a failed purging, but well, this actually stopped me this time! so THANKS!

Anonymous said...

stopped me.

Anonymous said...

stopping me as well...

Anonymous said...

Helped stop me too. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Stopped me.

Anonymous said...

Stopping here too